Traveling to the Milville Airport in South New Jersey is like the gateway to World War II: a lot of porch buildings and balconies, the nature of war, the silence and the silence. The stage is for some level of performance, but the players are long gone. The highways still take regular field trips and lodges, but they are usually single-colored Cincinnas and pirates. However, the site is an important part of World War II and is therefore historically significant.
It was one of the 900 protected airports that were systematically ordered, just as many fighter jets were, according to the mission of the German and Japanese warships in Europe and Europe and Asia. It was available around the country to quickly transition from civilian to military applications and train responses in time of war. Unlike the others, the Milville Army Air Base was the first to open on August 2, 1941 by local, regional, and federal officials such as “America & # 39; First Defense Airport ” 10,000: Strong discipline.
Still, it has shown only a few highways with a third-party developer in civil aviation operations, it said. The Japanese invasion of Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941, quickly led to a military move to the United States. The 33rd Fleet will temporarily begin training with the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk from Philadelphia Municipal Airport for three weeks.
World War II & # 39; s Most effective fighter-bomber aircraft, the P-36-based aircraft, was thought to be a modern successor to the 12-cylinder, V, line, and liquid-cooled Allison. The importance of the V-1720 piston engine, but with higher performance, is quickly highlighted by the importance of the V-1710 version, developed by its supercharger. Although the Army Air Corps still uses its fighters for coastal and ground attack missions, the aircraft was reviewed by the P-36A aircraft X-40 again for the first time on October 14, 1938 with the modified Mafia.
The low-wing monopole powered by a single 1,160-shp Allison V-1710-19 engine has two 0.50-inch Cole-Brown M2 rifles per unit, capable of firing 3,080 feet per minute, 342 mg per minute. Can access. It was 950 miles wide, showing a total weight of 6,787 pounds.
The first contract of the 524 Curitiss P-40 Warhawks was announced in December. On April 26, 1939, the eighth Pursuit Group, based in the United States Army, based in Virginia Langley Field, was the first of its kind.
Production, which includes increased weight loss variants over time with improved engines and weaponry and defense increases. Discontinued in December 1944, this time 13,738 P-40s were made.
But he found only the first equipment in the field of the Militia Army, which he himself easily destroyed from the ground: "Small town" sport from September to 1942, and trucks from tanks, tanks, ships, the next January, for a practice of heaven. And bridges found on the south side.
When the 353th Fighter Squad was formed, the newly discovered P-40s were not compatible with the northeast wind conditions and the 58th Fighter Squad quickly replaced the Type-Bikes. He moved to New Jersey. The plane has recently become synonymous with Millville.
Replaced with a Sevsky P-35, a 400mm air-conditioner, 25,000-foot service roof, at least six .50-caliber machine guns, firearm storage tanks, self-storage tank tanks, and 315 gallons of fuel.
Designed on a new 18-cylinder, two-row, 2,000-liter Pratt and Whitney Double Wasp XR-2800-21 radiator engine, it was intended to deliver the highest possible performance. Found in the tail-pipe charger, which increased the power of the rare earth with unusual air.
May The award of the contract of September 6, 1940, XP-47B example The following May he took to the skies, followed by orders of 171P-47bps and 602P-47s, followed by an exterior, range-mounted fuel tanks and a long filter.
The P-47D, the most famous in number, was 36 feet, 1.75 inches wide, and 40 feet, 9.75 inches wide, measuring 300 square feet. The four-foot-12-inch diameter telescope, equipped with a detachable 2,000-piston and Winnie ney turbo-superchar, is powered by an R-2800-63 piston engine, eight -50-caliber machine-guns, and 19,400-pound bombs equipped with 2,500-pound bombs can travel at 3000 feet at 428 miles, but can still reach 42,000 feet. Range rose at 1,700 miles.
The Red Bull P-47 Austrones, which brought in all other aircraft, provided the world's largest, heaviest, single-engine, single-seat combat World War II fighter, with undue rainfall.
May His first entry with the UAAA in 1942, which was installed at the European Theater in early April, was another pilot-only Flight-based Fuck ke-Wim Fow, which carried out high-end cruise and flight missions. -190 A.M. Two months later, the plane appeared in the Pacific theater in June.
The latest version, the P-47N, is equipped with long-range bombers, extended wings, an additional 100 gallons of fuel and 20,700 pounds of total weight (larger than the P-40s) and deployed in the Pacific late in the war.
The P-47 fleet, built at 15,579, has been in production since 2007. May May By March 1943, it had destroyed more than 546,000 combat missions, destroyed 11,874 enemy aircraft, and had destroyed 9,000 vehicles and tanks. The first Piston aircraft with the ability to release more than 500 mph, could pass any ally or enemy aircraft, and today & # 39; s Considered a multi-role fighter.
The P-47 Thunderbird pilot training in the civilian airfield has imposed two types of units. Operation Training Units (ORO) The first of these was created in accordance with Air Corps requirements to develop pilots eligible for new fighter aircraft or fill vacancies. May By 1939, the number of this authorized Air Corps group had increased from 25 to 84, and the 33rd Pursuit Group, the first in the Millville area, provided a steady flow of aircraft on all four branches.
The RTU, the second, provides pilots who have been killed, trapped, or recovered after a 12-week curriculum taught at ComCar Training Station. The 327th Fleet Squadron in Richmond was formed in 2004; At the end of 1943, when the crew was asked to supply its crew to the 87th Infantry, the 536th and 537th Fleet moved to Milville. They come with P-47 thunder boats. May On April 10, 1944, all classes were merged into the newly created 135th AAA Base Division, where the advanced part of the training division was known as Milville, which received accreditation, flight and aircraft recognition.
In Germany and subsequent Japanese handlers, the curtains of World War II became a temporary closure in October 1945, eliminating the need for a military airfield. He became permanent the following month. However, more than 10,000 men and women have served here in ground and flight operations capabilities, of which 1,500 pilots received advanced combat training in the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and Republic of P-47 Thunderbolt aircraft. Fourteen people died in the training of four other aviators.
After the facility was officially declared in 1946, the patent was changed to the city of Milville and the 128-story building was trying to simplify the area by & # 39; Around 102 units were built due to housing shortages. The 887-hectare field and some 30 structures and amenities, including the size of his hometown, New Jersey State, were purchased for hunting and his highways were purchased in June of New Jersey. The pilots at the nearby naval station Atlantic City will use the service for a landing craft.
May A $ 2.5 million federal grant funded in 1974, the 100-square-foot industrial park, developed for the master plan, street repairs, taxiway construction and field lighting, and a renovation of a decade later.
Season 923 Acre El Millville Municipal Airport, New Jersey & # 39; The second largest aviation field, sports equipment landing system (IAS) and FAA Flight Service Station (FAS), the city of Million, will lease the administration for rent. Delaware River and Bay Authority.
Today, the airport echoes the role of World War II. May Of the 100 buildings that occupied the site during the four years between 1941 and 1945, it is guaranteed to include 20 of the 100 largest buildings in the world, the first war-time structures, and 18 buildings, in New Jersey and the National Register of Historic Places. .
The Henry H. Webb Center for Historical Research Libraries and Education, one of which is located in its original warehouse and sports, is a large collection of war-related books, videos, historical documents and aircraft models, and acts as a large screen theater. Opened in 2007, two eight-by-ten feet, "faux," are partially opened by local artists.
Beginning in 1942, the corridor trainer who wanted a two-year renewal building was one of only five trainers in the Annex. The enrichment business design was created by Albert Albert Lynch in Binghamton, New York, to provide equipment training to the 2nd World Pilots to establish a fitness loan for the device in both watch time and night conditions. And banks have used 6,271 sales for the military and 1,045 for the Navy, and are currently available for a small fee for tourist use.
The P-47, an aviation, was not created, according to one, created by Thomas Duffy and stored in one of the two historic warehouses.
The first aircraft-ready dayroom, built in 1943, now has an Open-Air Craft Lounge for Great Aviation.
Nucleus, however, is a historical field. 1943 to 1945; It is a museum of the Milesville Air Force Museum located in the building of the original World War II Berniero School Administration building between 1943 and 1945. Most of the history of US military aviation shows artifacts, equipment, photographs and motors donated by airport veterans.
Here, along with many other military and navy designs, the P-47-based patrol and Whitney double-row radial motor, emphasizes the strength of this powerful engine, and highlights its displays. Rooftop lights measured the height of the cloud, while a vertical garage served as the pilot's training flight training.
Made-in-Britain, the Maddon Metal connector facilitates treadmill and landing at uneven surfaces. According to George Canyon, who joined the Army Air Force in December 1941, George Canyon, a partner of the current Millennial Army Air Force Museum in the South Pacific, said the entire war was the best invention & # 39; And you have one quick run!
The Philadelphia Bay Museum, founded in 1915 by the Robert Mills family and relocated to the present site in 2000, shows archetypal wings, trails and panels.
Noodle bombing, Curtiss flying boat nose, Robert Winsky in memory of a plane model, photos, a uniform set and a regular military camp complete the interior, with two planes visible. The first A-4F Skyhawk, in The 1968 Squadron was attacked by aircraft carrier USS Orskirk during the 1968 Vietnam War, and the second was the SDJ-30, a "little brother".
The collection of the cell is one of the deficiencies in the museum, according to the museum's Joseph Joyceche. "I'd love to have more planes!" She has ambitions and is looking forward to achieving that goal.
In addition to the exhibition, the museum's fields include a reunion of World War pilots, movies, school educational programs, airplane flights and air shows and veterans & # 39; Events.
The Milville Army Airfield, a gateway to World War II and a once-in-a-lifetime training facility with the P-47 bus fleet on the east coast, is a living experience that tells the story to the visitor. right now