Whether you go to a beach, Hawaiian Islands, Alaska or a big city with kids, there are always ways to save money here and there on family outings.
Here are a few budget tips to help you reduce the cost of family travel:
1. Consider staying at a hotel host with going to the kitchen. You may not have your own private kitchen, but do you really want one? Hosts can be very cheap and many are just as clean as the average hotel. Even if you book two private bedrooms with more than one bed in a private hostel, you will pay less for the hotel room.
2. Monitor free admission dates. Many museums, national parks, gardens, zoos, etc. have an entry date at least once a month for one reason or another. All national parks in the United States are located on V Trails Day, by the ANR. Day, national day of public lands and first day of National Park week. Planning a family vacation around these holidays is always a good idea.
3. Bring bottles of milk, milk and juice to use wherever you go. Most public places, including airports and hotels, have water sources, so you can refresh the bottles for free and clean water.
4. If you want to rent a car, remember that family-owned cars cost more than an economy car. Look for discount and promotional codes whenever possible. Compare the prices of several rental companies at once. Do not select the lowest price, gas options, GPS, baby seats free or additional costs, etc. Take the time to read the terms and conditions.
5. If you don't want to do the hospitality during a family vacation, then stay in a hotel or go for a free meal. If there are not many food choices in the hotel or resort, stay at least near the restaurants where you can eat for free. Also, most hotels today have a small fridge in each room. Take your first day there with a few groceries and use the fridge.
6. Travel discounts are not just for saving on air, on boats and on rooms. You can usually get promotional codes and coupons for entertainment, tours and other "things to do".
Consider these tips when traveling on family outings. Every little thing you post will really add up after a few days.
Online coupon codes and promotional offers are useful for booking family vacations. You can use the site's tools to help you plan your trip, not just for discounted fares. There are many helpful resources that are easy to use.